Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Our Beltane!

Last night was my first time celebrating Beltane. It was also my first group ritual.
We arrived with apprehension. I was nervous, I didn't know what to expect.
Would there be weird chanting? 
Would it be lame? 
Would the people there be fake? 
What if they don't like me?

On top of it all, yesterday was miserable out, rainy, cloudy, and cold.
Luckily the rain cleared up, and stayed away for most of the night. With the exception of a light occasional drizzle.

We pulled up I saw some women dressed... interestingly. I didn't know why. I had looked up pictures of previous rituals, and NO ONE had looked like this! Add ten pounds to my nerves! We walked over and met the group.

Soon we found out that they were dressed like Fae. How appropriate.
The ritual was done as sort of a show, we went through the path, being greeted and tempted by Fae and answering their riddles. We called the elements to our sides, and the walk ended by walking through a "veil" at the top of the hill, where the circle was set up, with a fire in the center.

The night was much less cheesy after that. people danced around the fire. We toasted to the God and Goddess, and there was a maypole!

The May Pole was amazing, it was my first one ever. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

After the may pole we raised our arms and shouted our energy back into the universe. Followed by kneeling down and draining the last of it back into the earth.

My soul was so full by the time we left, I don't recall ever being that fulfilled after any type of religious ceremony ever.


Last night I knew for sure that I had finally come home.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds very interesting and a lot of fun! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was!
    I am so glad I didn't find a reason to skip out.

    Thats been known to happen quite often when I get nervous.

    ReplyDelete