Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Lilacs and the Waning Moon.

I am so excited. Earlier today my friend gave me permission to feel free to head over to her house and dig up as many of her Lilac bushes as I want. Lilacs are my absolute favorite! I am going to add them to the border of Lilacs that we already have in our yard. Hopefully they will be in full swing by next May for our wedding. I'm going to poke around and see if I can find any other magic treasures in her yard also. Free is good.

Recently I have been reading up more and more about garden witchery. A lot of people have put stock into gardening by the moon phases, so I am going to attempt to do that. It gives your plants a little added oomph to your magical garden. And if you are extra motivated you can also attempt to garden by the moon phase as well as the sign. I am not that motivated. Maybe after I've gotten the hang of phases I will move onto the signs. Luckily, this weekend just happens to be in the waning moon phase. And from what I have read, the waning moon is the perfect time for planting trees and shrubs! (as well as root vegetables) Some people have said that during this phase the water will run straight to the roots, making it easier for them to soak up the goodness, and start thriving. Also, the cooler nights will help ease them into the transition, making them less susceptible to transplant shock.

Other helpful things to do during this phase include weeding your garden (Don't let those pesky things suck the life out of your plant)!! As well as ridding yourself of toxic people or situations in your life. Its also good for reduction, i.e. throw a little extra towards your debt elimination goal this week, or attempt to kick that awful fingernail biting habit.

Love Till Next Time,


Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment