Sunday, April 7, 2013

My New Magickal Garden.

So I was flipping through my copy of Garden Witchery by Ellen Dugan yet again yesterday (Love and Recommend this book to all!). I was reading her section on Finding a space for your magical garden. I already have tons of gardens in my yard, but none of them are what you'd call private. We like our neighbors so there are no privacy fences up and we basically "share" our three backyards. I put share in quotations because we all pretty much keep to our own section of the back, but no one gets their panties in a twist if there's some cross over. So as I was thinking about my Magick working garden and trying to figure out where to put it I was becoming a bit discouraged. I didn't want to have it somewhere my neighbors can see. I am not ashamed, but the feeling of being watched can sometimes distract from your intentions while working magick. I decided to take Dugans advice and just walk around my yard. She said in her book you would know the spot when you see it. I wasn't holding my breath, but what the heck, why not try?

I stepped outside and had an epiphany. I know, crazy right? My yard isn't that big, this shouldn't have been to hard to figure out. We have a hug Pine Tree that separates our house with one of our neighbors. Its never raked out, and the kids are always playing under there so it never donned on me to turn it into a garden, but it was perfect. It has space, and privacy, and low branches to sit or work on. It seems like the spot has just been waiting on me all this time to figure it out. It's part sun part shade and with a little love and fertilizer it can be beautiful. I can not wait.

So there you have it. not even ten minutes and I picked out my very own special magick garden... Now the fun part! picking the plants to go in there. Raking it out, tilling the soil, and finding the stones to act as a "barrier" to keep kiddies and The monster dog out!

Do you have a special place in your yard?

No comments:

Post a Comment