Sunday, April 22, 2012

Earth Day!

Today is Earth Day!
And my Spirit is so full of contentment.

My day started out with a walk along one of our trails in town with Loveyy. We took the dog, and picked up trash along the way. We collected two grocery bags full! And we only walked about a mile up the trail! It was a lot, but I felt much better for cleaning it up. Most of the trash was paper towels... hmm... The only thing I can figure is that they are used by runners who frequent the trails.

After our walk my mom and I turned over the soil in one of our gardens, it was tough! And picked out all of the rocks from the soil. I am so happy because the soil is so rick this year, I am sure our plants are going to grow like crazy. Then we planted some yucky squash.

After that was done mom and I collected 8 different plastic bottles from around the house, cut them in half, threw some small rocks in the bottom, and put some soil in them and planted 8 new herb plants. God knows I love my herbs! The soil came from underneath the kids swing set, it is so rich from all of the ash I have been throwing in it this season.  Then we watered the plants, and taped their lids back on!


We already have a ton of stuff growing that we started weeks ago. But we want to have atleast three of each herb, so that we will be able to use it fresh throughout the year.

Where Earth Day Come From:

You can read about the earth day movement and its origins here or here


Wait a minute wait a minute, earth day isn't pagan. Well, No, but we have to keep an open mind with things like this. Patti Wigington at About.com does an excellent job explaining pagans and their ties to earth day.

No comments:

Post a Comment