Saturday, March 31, 2012

Diggin in the dirt

Despite the cool temperatures today, I still managed to find myself outside for a short time.
Mom and I went and dug all of the day lillies out from one of our garden boxes. Her boyfriend is going to take them over to the house he just bought. We have tons of them all over the yard. Honestly they spread like wildfire and will completely consume your yard. Nevertheless, they are pretty, so we don't mind having them here and there.
We turned the soil and raked out all of the leaves and pine needles. Mom likes the pine, she insists its good for the soil. I couldn't care less, I hate those prickly little buggers. So I ended up tossing them all out.
The box is going to be used for pumpkins and garden beans later on this spring. I can not wait to have my pumpkins growing! I planted the seeds last weekend, and I am constantly checking for any signs that they are about to sprout.
We started some of the beans early. They fell out of the package earlier this week and got soaked. Instead of throwing them away we figured we'd plant them and see if they became anything.

The feeling I get from playing in the dirt is almost indescribable.
Tending to things and helping them flourish. Its super calming and immediately improves my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment